Have you been used to dull, unattractive and bad flooring systems as a business person?
If your answer is yes then i think it’s about time for you to have a change in that. The reason is that putting yourself in the position of the customer, i wouldn’t want the customers to have a bad user experience.
I want it to ensure that once a visitor comes to visit any of my clients, they get this excellent feeling about the flooring and they get excited about it.
Which is why i will be introducing this topic today
Hi everyone my name is Timileyin and in today’s post i will be giving you a thorough understanding of Epoxy floors.
One good thing about epoxy floors is that it can be used for both residential and commercial purposes due to the nature if the flooring system.
To fully understand what Epoxy floors entails, there are questions to be asked and answered so i’ll just get right into it.
What is it about Epoxy floors?
Let’s address something first, Epoxy paints and Epoxy coatings are entirely two different things. Epoxy floors is mostly related to Epoxy coatings because it takes two components to finish the floor.
The two components used to finish the floors include the Epoxy resin and the other is called polyamine hardener. The two components need to be evenly mixed before they are applied on the floors.
Once the two materials i.e. polyamine hardener and Epoxy resin are being mixed up properly they are allowed to dry up before they are to be used. The purpose of doing this is to ensure that the coating being produced is very strong and can withstand pressure.
Why should i go for Epoxy floors? – The pros and cons.
- It has a glossy like surface which enables it to give a very bright outlook
- It’s very durable due to the hard nature of the material which makes it resistant to heavy movements on it.
- The installation process is direct, it doesn’t take a sweat
- It’s very easy to clean stains on it due to its glossy nature
- It’s hydrophobic and lipophobic . I.e. it resist water and oil due to the weak adhesive forces between the stain and the floor surface.
- It’s best for ware houses and industrial buildings.
- It can be used for maintenance purposes when it’s combined with paints and colors to take away chips and cracks.
- It can be used in manufacturing plants die to the chemically resistant surface.
- It prolongs the life of existing concrete floors by preventing wear and tear.
- It is low cost maintenance
- Provided the surface has anti slip additives, safety on it is certain.
- You have to replace it due to it’s temporary nature. The replacement is caused majorly by wear and tear
- It has tendencies of being slippery provided an anti-slip additive is not added to it
- They tend to have offensive odor after usage especially when it’s wet
- When you want to remove it, it costs a great deal of money due to the fact that its labor and capital intensive.
How long does Epoxy floors last?
Generally, anything can last as long as the user wants it to be depending on how he/she manages it.
Epoxy floors can last for years and still remain shining, like I said it all depends on how the user manages it and the factors the floor is subjected to.
Most epoxy floors can last for about 2 to 3 years depending on how many individuals use it, how much load is placed on it provided it’s used in an industrial setting but for residential settings, it can take a lot more than that.
To elongate the life span you can carry out some maintenance process like sweeping daily, cleaning the floor thoroughly using mild scrubbers and many more processes.
read,practice and share